What is Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences?
Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGUHS) a premier Health Science University in India was established on 1st June 1996 at Bangalore by the Govt. of Karnataka. The university is governed through its enactment of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka Act 1994 to encompass all the existing health science colleges and institutions which were earlier affiliated to the conventional universities in Karnataka. The main aim of RGUHS is to ensure proper and systematic instruction, teaching, training and research in modern and Indian systems of medicine for the students and train them to become top health professionals of the world.
- RGUHS was established by the Government of Karnataka to regulate the medical, dental, nursing, physiotherapy, AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy) and allied health sciences offered by different colleges in Karnataka.
- It is mandatory for all the health science offering colleges in Karnataka to get affiliated and recognised for RGUHS or else the degrees offered by these colleges are considered to be void.
- RGUHS is considered one of the top health science universities in India that is offering the best medical education in India with initiatives to make its syllabi for different courses of world class quality taking it to the forefront of medical education in India.
- The main motto of RGUHS is to offer medical and health science professional education that meets the societal needs for better healthcare.
- The RGUHS had the vision to bring in uniformity in the standards of teaching and have a common curriculum for the various courses offered in different colleges across Karnataka.
- The Curriculum of RGUHS is dynamic in nature and is ever changing based on the latest scenario and also on the needs of the society.
- The RGUHS has been restructuring its programs and also starting new ones so that quality healthcare reaches every corner of the world
Eligibility from RGUHS
- An Eligibility Certificate is mandatory for students who wish to get admission in colleges affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Science (RGUHS), Karnataka.
- The eligibility certificate is a mandatory document for getting admissions to different health science courses such as Dental, Allied Health Sciences, Nursing, Physiotherapy and AYUSH courses offered in the colleges of Karnataka
Why is it important to have an ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE?
- The Eligibility Certificate is mandatory while seeking admission in the course or college approved and affiliated to RGUHS.
- The eligibility certificate proves that the applicant is eligible for pursuing a particular course in the university on the basis of documents submitted and verified.
- The Eligibility Certificate is a mandatory document for all the students who want to get admission to any course in RGUHS or colleges affiliated to RGUHS
IMPORTANCE OF ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE
The Eligibility Certificate is important because:
- It ensures academic continuity
- It is the documentation and approval of a student’s profile, educational background, and qualifications
- It saves students from unnecessary hassles related to compliance and eligibility
HOW TO OBTAIN ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE
- The eligibility certificate can be obtained from RGUHS website
- The students have to download the Application Form for the Eligibility Certificate
- The students should choose their Category (for non-Karnataka/International/NRI/SAARC candidates)
- The students should check their eligibility requirements
- The students have to fill the application form with all the details without any mistake
- The students have to scan all the requested documents and attach them with the application form and submit through the online portal
- After submitting the scanned documents on the online portal the students have to pay the course specific fees to complete the application process (Note: Incomplete applications will be rejected)
- After the fee payment the students have to enclose a letter of introduction by the relevant State Government/Embassy
- Once the application process is verified by the RGUHS authorities the eligibility certificate is issued to the students
Eligibility Certificate Fee Structure for different courses
The fee structure for eligibility certificate from RGUHS varies for different courses, they are
- MBBS/BDS Course: Rs. 2000
- Other UG Course: Rs. 1000
- PG Course: Rs. 3000
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED to apply for Eligibility Certificate
- Class X/SSLC (or equivalent) Marks Card
- Class XII/PUC (or equivalent) Marks Card
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Category – Non-Karnataka/International/NRI/SAARC candidates
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Two passport size Photos
- Online Payment Receipt
- Letter of Introduction by Relevant State Government/Embassy
Note: All documents should be attested by the candidate
The eligibility certificate is required for the students who wish to take admission in health science courses in different colleges of Karnataka that are affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Health Science (RGUHS). The eligibility certificate gives proof that the students are eligible to pursue health science courses in the top health science colleges in Karnataka that are affiliated to RGUHS.